Thursday, December 17, 2009

First correspondence!

Here's the difference between an Elder and a Sister.... The Elder's family waits in agony for a whole week until p-day, when they finally get their first email. A sister (or maybe just Tia) finds a way to let us know she is okay.

Stephanie's husband Mike teaches at the MTC. Tia wrote a note and left it in Mike's classroom to take home and read to all of us. We were so happy and relieved that she is doing well. Maybe Mom will actually get some sleep tonight :) Here it is:

12/17/09

Hey!

This is going to be short because we have basically no free time the first couple of days. Will you call Mom and tell her I LOVE the MTC! Also, I'm writing bits and pieces on a letter I started. I'll hopefully send it home tomorrow. She should get it Saturday or Monday. My P-day is Tuesday. I'll email then. My companion is Sister Despain. She's so cute. We are very alike. We have fun and laugh lots. Tell Mom to tell Kristen Shelley my classroom is 8M-231 and I live in 17M-341. This is amazing. The spirit is so strong. I have some funny stories in my letter and in my upcoming email I'll share. Sister Despain and I room with 2 others going to Atlanta, GA. We're the only 2 sisters going to Utica. 4 Elders are going to Utica too (in our district). I am going to find MIke today. I love you! Tell the fam I love them!

-Sister Zwick :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that she left this note for Mike! It helps to have connections!!!! Well, I'm so glad that she's doing well and can't wait to hear from here this week.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm glad to hear she's happy and doing well :) My mom and I sent a package today full of chocolates for Tia and to distribute to the missionaries who aren't getting packages from family for Christmas.. hopefully she got it!

    ReplyDelete