Thursday, November 26, 2009

Friends, Family, and Farewell.

This past weekend I visited Utah! I have missed Provo so very much. The streets, 7 eleven slurpees, my friends, BYU campus, grandparents, cousins, dancing, and the good old college life. Despite these feelings, I know where I am in my life right now is exactly where I need to be. Time is getting shorter and every day I feel more uplifted and excited to be a missionary! For everything there is a time and season. I will be back into my college lifestyle in about 22 months, and in the meantime I will be doing a more important thing. In two and a half weeks I enter the MTC! YAHOOOO!

Last Summer, I ran into my old ward's bishop, Bishop Swenson at a friend's wedding reception. We talked and I told him I was working on my mission papers. He said, "You should speak in our ward!" I was delighted when he said this. We kept in touch and he gave me the privilege to speak in the ward I grew up in.

Sunday November 22nd was a beautiful Sunday in Alpine. It was a cool, crisp morning with blue skies and sunshine. That night it snowed, my favorite thing on a cozy Sunday night. I spoke that morning at 11 a.m. When I walked into the chapel I heard the choir practicing. I had a prayer in my heart that they were practicing for sacrament meeting. I looked at the program and believe it or not, they were! For those of you who were there, you heard the Alpine 6th ward choir, or mini Motab :). They blend so well and have such a great turn out. The sacrament meeting was on Gratitude. My Uncle Craig presided the meeting and he and my cousin (one of the youth speakers) were on the stand with me, which helped me feel at ease. I love my family. I am grateful for their testimonies and faith in this true church. Seeing so many friends and family made me really appreciate the righteous influences I have been blessed to associate with. My dad got to add his testimony after mine. He is an incredible missionary himself and I hope I can be more like him every day. Thanks to everyone who came to show your love and support towards me. I truly feel it and it's needed greatly as I take this step into serving a full time mission.

Extended family, mission prep teachers, high school friends, family friends, friends from the past couple years at college, and even my best friend from my childhood in California was there! I am so grateful for all of my friends and family. It sure makes adventures easier when there is an incredible amount of support behind me. I love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Tia, it sounds like it was a wonderful day, and everyone said you spoke so well! I am so sad I missed it but so proud of you.
    I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete