Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Labor of Love



Dear Family,
 
I miss all of you!  How is everything going?  Mom, your email was the best yet, so long and detailed and I loved it.  Also, Andrea and Jeff, thanks for your emails.  I'm printing them out and handwriting you replies.  Liz, thank you so much for sending my mom those pictures of our friend's wedding festivities.  Tis the season!  Geez louise, will any of you be single to room with me when I go back to the Y?  I guess I can count on Liz and Tricia, my missionaries.  I got a letter from Tricia.  She's loving the MTC.  She has visitor center training now and goes to temple square in one week.  She said never in her life has she felt God being so pleased with a decision she's made.  She knows it's right where he needs her to be.  She dated Collin for two years, and left him for her mission!  And Liz, you go into the MTC Wednesday!  I am so proud of you.  You already love the Lord so much, in showing him you are willing to sacrifice to help others come to know and follow him.  Your love for him and his gospel will only grow, and just like Tricia and I feel, you will feel and know he is pleased with your decision and that you are doing exactly what He has planned for you and His children you will touch.  I will send you a letter to the MTC this week!  :)  Go gettem' girl!
 
Happy Anniversary Andrea and Todd!  Get a babysitter and go out for dinner or something.  You deserve it.  You are a great couple and wonderful parents, I love you lots.  Dad, I'm glad you got my card.  On Sunday I randomly said, "Happy Father's Day Dad" hoping you heard ;)  The gift I've been working on is almost ready to send.
 
Well, NEWS from Ithaca:
 
1. It's my companion's last day today.  I can't even imagine how hard it must be.  She's so funny and says all the time, "I don't think I'll have too hard of an adjustment when I get home."  So that's good.  Ha ha.
 
2. I'm training a new missionary!  Saturday night were transfer calls.  The Zone Leaders called us and I was really surprised.  I've only been out 6 months.  Since my companion and I came out there has only been one other sister come out.  There are a total of 12 sisters in the mission right now.  Two are leaving tomorrow, and two new ones are coming in.  One of which will be my new companion.  Training will be a good experience.  A few weeks ago President Bulloch came down and interviewed the Ithaca Elders and Sisters and during my interview he listed off all these compliments to me.  It was really nice.  Then he said, "You've got it all Sister Zwick, and the Lord is telling me you need to train..."  I didn't want to expect it because I knew things could always change, but I guess he really felt like I need to train.  I was working in Syracuse with Sister Stewart and told her about my interview.  I said, "I don't even know how to train.  I'm just going to do everything you did and then I'll know I'm doing it right."  She was a great trainer.  Obedience with exactness, hard work, following the promptings from the Spirit, and loving the Lord and the people here is what I'm going to try to pass down to my companion.  
 
The Lord is blessing us tremendously.  Two of our investigators are praying about a baptismal date.  The chinese literature proffessor, Xun Dai, and Zach a 25 year old who has met with sisters for years.  He said he's finally ready! 
 
I will handwrite home a couple of neat stories from this week.  I'm attaching some pictures from this week as well.
 
I love you and hope you have a wonderful week.  We're off to meet the Elders to play TENNIS!
 
Love, Sister Zwick
 
picture details:
 
1: last Monday with District at five guys
2: On campus after meeting with Xun Dai
I don't have time to explain the rest.  The black guy plays on Harlom Globe Trotters (I think that's the name)!  He's less active.  We meet with him once a week.









No comments:

Post a Comment