Monday, March 22, 2010

I love these people!

Hey everyone!

I can't believe I've already been here 3 months. It's going really too fast, and I hate it. I want to do this forever! I am learning so much about myself, the Lord, listening to the spirit and recognizing how it speaks, understanding the doctrine in the scriptures, and the list goes on. There is no where else I'd be able to learn these things. I am so grateful for this experience.

Thanks for all the emails. I didn't have time to read them thoroughly because we had to take a really long survey, and I want to have time to send you a short email. I'm printing them out though and I'll handwrite a reply today.

President Bulloch is a great guy. He is just like Dad, the BEST listener, and so sensitive, but he does know how to put missionaries in their place. He's bold when he needs to be. The whole last Zone Conference was on "Being effective instruments in the Lord's hands" I learned a lot about being an effective teacher. He touched a lot on how big of a responsibility we have as missionaries and that the Lord is trusting us with his work. He said, "If you're not going to sacrifice everything for this work, you may consider going home." I've felt so worn out, just trying to do all I can to reach my goals and keep the work progressing here but I wanted to do like a heart test to really see if my heart was here. Then the whole Tyesha thing happened. President called me on Monday just because he felt like he needed to and I told him what was going on with Tyesha and her Dad. I also told him how much I want to give to this work and that after Zone conference I wanted to see where my heart was. He said, "Be careful what you wish for." HE said, "The only way to prevent heartache is to take the love out of the work, and we can't do that."

Ah, two minutes left! Jimmy and Joey are not getting baptized this Saturday. It just doesn't feel right. But I know the Lord will prepare them for baptism in the coming weeks if it's part of his plan for them. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment