Tuesday, March 30, 2010

April hopefully means Spring!

People are still in big coats, scarves, gloves and hats, but supposedly it is warming up for the weekend. We get updates on weather from our investigators. Ha ha. It's weird because I never thought I'd be so out of the loop as far as weather and sports and music and everything! But last week before reading your emails I didn't even know that Cornell made it into the Sweet 16! I know, weird. We even live a few blocks away from campus. We have heard both Syracuse and Cornell got beat out. That's too bad. I'll have to get some Cornell shirts to send home to Matt and Dad. I think it's so funny that Dad said he and Matt have been "glued to the TV" ha ha. I can definitely picture it.

I got your tapes yesterday! I listened to them this morning. I was laughing, crying, and just loving every minute of it. Sister Hacking kept saying, "Your family is so funny!" Don't worry, she didn't listen to all of it, so she doesn't know how crazy you really are. ;) I just love all of you so much. Thank you for your fun stories. Emily, you are HILARIOUS on the tape! And I love how when Chad got on he's like, "Honey, I can't just talk to a machine thing like you do." Chad, I understand. I felt that way my first tape I made. Thanks for still talking on it though! Ash, you always lose your voice! I was like that Senior year too! Too many games and not enough sleep etc. I hope you're feeling better. And Matty, your choir is unbelievable! I couldn't listen to more than like a few seconds of it because we can't listen to anything besides Motab and hymns. But I was blown away. Todd, I wish I could've been there to see you bless Katey. I'm sure it was a beautiful blessing. I think the priesthood is so amazing. I really didn't see it's importance until now being around so many who don't have it, or who are working to become worthy to have it. And also, bearing testimony of it and studying it has strengthened my testimony in how vital it is to God's plan. Without it, we'd just be another church. Congratulations to the little Fredric family though! I loved the pictures you sent Mom. You all look so good and pretty! Katey is a doll! And geez, it looks like summer there! You are so lucky!

I feel bad because Mom, in your tape you said, "You don't sound like yourself in your emails." It's our only way to communicate beside letters so I really want to sound like myself. It is me, I promise. Ha ha. I don't want you to not recognize me when I get home or something. That's my biggest fear ha ha. You said it's because I'm not complaining. Ha ha. I had Sister Stewart as a companion, and if you knew her, you just can't complain around her. She must have rubbed off on me. Sister Hacking says Sister Stewart reminds her of the princess on Enchanted. I was like, "OH MY IT'S TRUE!" I am so happy no changes with transfers affected me and Sister Hacking this transfer. She is so fun. We have really connected with those we're teaching here and they all seem to be in the same stage, praying about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. We have committed a few of them to come to conference. I'm sure they will feel the spirit and hopefully there recieve an answer to their prayers. Yes, we get to see conference! I cannot wait. It's going to be so good. I'm sure it will be a whole new dimension of watching conference. I'll be listening for my investigators and myself. I remember a year ago, I drove down to Henderson for the weekend and I was dating Jeff Toone. Remember? I was debating on going on a mission or not and listening for talks to recieve my answer. Elder Oaks gave a really powerful one on missionary work, but it was just the start of recieving my answer to come. I'm really happy I'm here. Mom, I don't complain because it is a joyous thing to help people see that they can repent and make changes and that the Lord's hand is stretched out to them no matter where they are in their life. But it is really hard too. There are a lot of times when I wish I was laying out by the pool in Henderson instead of getting flipped off walking in the snow. ha ha. But something good always seems to happen right after I start feeling discouraged. I know it's Heavenly Father showing me just how important it is that I'm here.

We found 5 new investigators last week. It was a really good week. It's cool because as I've listened to the spirit I've seen immediately a good outcome. We are teaching 3 people right now who I had a distinct impression to talk to, and they've all said in different ways that they've either been looking for a church to go to, or they need to reach out to God, etc. I know that the Lord is leading us to prepared people every day.

Vivian, an investigator we have, met a mormon online and they have a love connection now. Kind of like Janelle from ultimate images. ha ha. So he told Vivian to call us. She's been meeting with us for a few weeks. He's coming in town to meet her on Thursday! He's from Utah. I'd be so nervous if I were her. She's really excited. They've planned to go to Palmyra to see the church history sites and also to come to conference! So we're hoping things keep progressing with her.

I wish I had more time. I'll handwrite a letter today. I hope you have a good Spring Break and Easter. Thank you for the package! I love you all so much!
Love, Sister Zwick

P.s. Jeff thanks for your letter! And Wallace family, I loved your package! Thank you! You are too sweet!

p.p.s. this is cool from my mission pres:
This week is also the commemoration of the most significant events in all history—the last week of the Savior’s mortal ministry, culminating with His victory over death on Easter morning. Each day of this week I invite you to consider what the Savior would have been doing during this last week of his mortal life. I hope it will be of special interest to consider the events of Thursday. It would have been on that day that the Savior instituted the Sacrament, taught several magnificent lessons, and went to Gethsemane. What an appropriate day to “declare repentance” (DC 15:6). A fitting day to “Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him… And how great is his [the Savior’s] joy in the soul that repenteth!” (DC 18:10-13) It would be appropriate to spend some time in your morning study to consider the events listed on page 694-695 of the Bible Dictionary. As you begin your companionship study on Friday morning, reflect on the fact that it was approximately 9:00 a.m. that the Savior was nailed to the cross (Mark 15:25). If the days seem long to you sometimes, take into consideration that it was not until 3:00 p.m. that the Savior cried out, “My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34) It would have been some time after that, that He died. And what was He doing on Saturday? As you know, He went to the Spirit World where He “organized his forces and appointed messengers, clothed with power and authority, and commissioned them to go forth and carry the light of the gospel to them that were in darkness, even to all the spirits of men; and thus was the gospel preached to the dead” (DC 138:30). He was continuing His missionary labors! Then, on that beautiful spring morning, His resurrection broke the bands of death. I invite you to look around as spring bears witness of the newness of life made possible by the Savior’s victory over death. What a great time of year! What a great week this is! May it be a week of reflection, of contemplation, and of dedication for each of you.

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful, it sounds like Tia is doing really well. Thanks for keeping this updated! I love hearing about her.

    ReplyDelete