Monday, May 9, 2011

God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one."-President Thomas S. Monson

Hi guys!

Oh my, talking to you yesterday was soooooo great! It was by far my favorite phone call I made home, I think because I know I don't have to wait until the next phone call to hear your voices but that I'll be talking to you in person! Mom, I loved your email and I am really happy to hear your Mother's Day was special. Dad's gifts were so cute.

Thank you so much for letting me share stories about the mission and our investigators. It's my favorite thing to think and talk about and I'm really going to miss it here. I don't want to come home. I love feeling the Lord's love for the people we meet.

It's been warming up and the trees are blossoming! It's beginning to get so green! It's super nice to not have to wear a coat. We've been able to be on our bikes and walk a lot more. We can find and testify to a lot more people when we're car-less. Something I miss about a walking area. But we're kind of just making it a walking area now :) since it's nice weather. We drive to an area and then work around there. I love street contacting. It reminds me of Ithaca and I have such a testimony of God guiding our steps when we just are out searching for people. I learned that in Ithaca because that's how we found amazing investigators.

Some things I didn't tell you:
The Elders talked to this guy named Jeffrey from Puerto Rico :) who lives in our area and was really interested. We went and met him and he was very open and set an appointment with us. He's in his late twenties and is a father of three. We called a recently returned missionary who is home for college to come teach Jeffrey with us, and the member (Patrick) was sooooooo excited! Ha ha. He said he hadn't been out with the missionaries since his mission and wants to come out with us whenever we need anyone. We'll be using him A LOT. The three of us met at Jeffrey's and Jeffrey had to reschedule...:( But we asked if he just had a few minutes. We got to know him a bit and then he told us he does "Christian rapping". I had never heard of such a thing. ha ha. But just imagine Jeffrey: big baggy jeans a crazy designed shirt and a NY Yankees side ways hat. He started rapping. It was so cool AND we got to learn soooo much about his heart through his rapping. He really loves the Savior and is seeking forgiveness. We were able to bear testimonies of the BOM and tell him it was written by his ancestors, which excited him. We committed him to read Enos and set up another appointment for this coming Wednesday. He seems sincere and humble. I feel like he and his family are prepared.

Timmia is getting interviewed this Friday for her baptism. It's scheduled for May 21st. She's so cute and is making a lot of friends in the church. Her Mom, Leslie Ann loved the focus on Mothers all day yesterday. This is kind of funny: So I had to speak in sacrament meeting you know? They called me because a youth speaker backed out. Well the microphone wasn't working! So I had to speak without it. It totally brought me back to my musical theater days when Mr. Smith would sit in the back of the auditorium and tell me to project my voice. So yeah, I had to like shout from the pulpit. Sister Stacey was sitting near the back with Leslie Ann and her kids and said she could hear me. After sacrament meeting Sister Mika in the ward came up to me and said, "My daughter is terrified of speaking and was scheduled to be the youth speaker, but just didn't feel good about it." Then I said, "Okay that explains why he called me." She's like, "I don't know what she would've done. If she had to speak without a microphone she probably would never have wanted to speak in church again." So phew. I'm grateful I was the one it happened on instead of a youth.

Well, I feel like I talked to you so much about our teaching pool over the phone, so I don't want to bore you too much. I love you guys and it just felt so natural on the phone, like I never left. I'm sure that's how it will feel in a couple weeks. I can't wait to see you. I feel so blessed to have you as my family. You're all so sweet and funny. I hope you have a wonderful day! HAPPY SWEET SIXTEEN Matty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you!

Love, Sister Zwick





No comments:

Post a Comment