Thursday, October 15, 2009

Temple date, SET!


I never pictured myself taking out my endowments for a mission, always for marriage, but since I made the decision to go on a mission, I now can't imagine it any other way! Since I have grown up doing baptisms for the dead in the Mount Timpanogos temple, it has become one of my favorites. I wanted to take them out there but that temple is closed for cleaning the weekend I was planning on coming up to Utah to go through :(. My other favorite temples are Salt Lake, Draper, San Diego, and Washington DC. I've decided to take my endowments out in the Draper temple. It looks a lot like the Mount Timpanogos temple doesn't it? I LOVE THE DRAPER TEMPLE! Collectively, from inside to outside, it's the prettiest temple (in my opinion). Just last March my best friend Stacey and I went to the open house. Then on March 22nd, my roommates and I attended the temple dedication in the BYU Marriot Center. Most of my favorite quotes and talks about temples came from that dedication, so I saved my ticket stub. Scrapbook :). During the talks and dedicatory prayer I felt a wondrous outpouring of the spirit. I know the temple is dedicated to the Lord and his spirit will always reside within the walls there. I am nervous for this day, but very grateful too. I can't wait to begin to partake of the many blessings of the temple. I will be taking my endowments out on Saturday November 22nd! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment